Unitemps is City, University of London’s onsite temporary recruitment agency.

We offer roles at all levels, helping students, graduates and external candidates find temporary, permanent and paid internship roles both onsite at the University and externally with businesses in and around central London.

Unitemps is currently working remotely. Please get in touch with us by emailing unitemps@city.ac.uk or calling 0207 040 8026 and we will be able to help.

View the Unitemps 2021 Payroll dates and more information on the City Unitemps Branch.

Benefits of using Unitemps

  • We provide, part time, full time and zero hour temporary roles, enabling candidates to choose the hours they would like to work to fit around their studies
  • Gain transferable skills and experience and leave university with fully rounded CV and Cover letter
  • CV and cover letter advice
  • Candidates will have the opportunity to network with fellow students and staff and in external workplaces
  • Understanding of how the workplace works

How to sign up

  • Go to unitemps.com and select 'City' as the branch you would like to search for job.
  • Click 'Register with Unitemps' to create your online record and upload your CV. Make sure you select City as your branch in order to receive email notifications of all job opportunities we offer
  • If you're interested in a job and meet all the requirements, please attach a cover letter and your CV
  • Our Unitemps team will contact you if you have been selected for an interview. You can track the progress of your application in your Unitemps account.

Your first assignment with Unitemps / eligibility to work check

If your application is successful you will need to complete an Eligibility to Work check before you start your first assignment. Currently right to work checks are being carried out remotely via MS Teams or Zoom. One of the team will be in touch to arrange this with you however you will need to provide the Unitemps team with the following:

  1. Your bank details
  2. Your National Insurance number. Please check the government website for more information if you do not have a NI number.
  3. Documents to prove your eligibility to work in the UK. A full list can be found on the Unitemps eligibility webpage.
  4. Student Visa Holders - If you are a Tier 4 or Student Visa holder then you will also need to bring along proof of your term dates. Please speak to your Course Office and request a Right to work/ Proof of term dates letter.

See our Working in the UK page for working restrictions on the Student Visa.