Accommodation Team

Accommodation team

The Accommodation Team looks forward to welcoming all new and returning students in the 2022/23 Academic Year.

We have made some changes to the way you can access our services. From September 2021, you can contact us face to face, via email, telephone or online through virtual meetings.

If you would like to speak to a member of the Accommodation Team you can book an appointment using Microsoft Bookings from 10am to 4 pm Monday – Friday. Please indicate in the “notes section” if you would like to visit us in person or online.

About us

We are your first point of contact to receive efficient advice and guidance on anything related to Accommodation here at City.

We can help with the application process, any queries regarding the rooms, halls, fees and contracts, support if you are looking for accommodation during the academic year, viewing halls and much more. Feel free to contact the Accommodation Team for any support you require, we are always happy to help.

You can contact us by phone or email. Please include your Student ID number when emailing as it helps us locate your record faster (that’s the 9-digit number, the first two digits usually being the year you started your course e.g. 21 for 2021).

Information for students in halls

We understand for some of you this will be your first time away from home. Staying in halls is a great way to meet new people and you may even be thinking about hosting parties to get know your neighbours.

We are keen for you to enjoy your stay in halls but please also be mindful of noise and how this may impact fellow residents and the wider community.

You can find information about your responsibility as a student living at a third- party student accommodation below. Your conduct in halls and expectations are also underpinned by City’s Student Charter.

A common cause of friction between students and neighbours is noise levels. Excessive noise, especially late at night, is not very neighbourly and can cause great distress, particularly to those whose working day starts and finishes earlier than yours.

Noise often travels easily between properties, through open doors and windows, and through the walls. Even low-level noise, such as slamming doors and running upstairs, can disturb your neighbours, particularly in the middle of the night.

Tips for keeping noise levels down

  • Keep the music volume and bass levels down, remember that walls between houses are very thin and sound travels very easily.
  • Position speakers, TVs, games consoles and so on. away from adjacent walls and indoors only.
  • If you can hear your music from outside your room, so can everyone else. Use headphones and be aware of the time when playing your music, computer games and the like.
  • Noise in your garden travels beyond the fence and can disturb many more neighbours on your and surrounding streets
  • When walking and arriving home late, keep your voices down.
  • Sound travels a great deal in the early hours - slamming car doors or the front door as you enter the house can often wake up those asleep in surrounding houses.
  • Be particularly sensitive if you live alongside people who work, families with young children or elderly people.
  • If you’re having a party:
    • Often people’s volumes increase when they have had a few drinks. Ask your guests to leave quietly - this includes saying “goodbye” on the doorstep.
    • Make sure taxis are not kept waiting with engines running, and that their doors aren’t slammed - it sounds very loud late at night and is disruptive to neighbours (even those across the road).

Having parties in residential areas

If you’re considering having the occasional party in your flat, make sure you follow these steps:

  • Inform the Hall staff
  • Give your neighbours plenty of warning that you’re having a party and let them know what time you’re expecting to finish. This includes neighbours on your block, not just next door, who might by disturbed by your guests arriving and leaving, or the music.
  • Stick to the agreed finishing time and make sure guests leave promptly and quietly
  • Keep doors and windows shut to try and prevent noise travelling even further and disturbing even more neighbours. Don’t have party guests or music outside of the hall or outdoor space running late into the night, as it disturbs many people at once. Anything outdoors after 11.00pm is considered antisocial.
  • Often people’s volumes increase when they have had a few drinks. Ask your guests to leave quietly - this includes saying “goodbye” on the doorstep.
  • Make sure taxis are not kept waiting with engines running, and that their doors aren’t slammed - it sounds very loud late at night and is disruptive to neighbours (even those across the road).

What to do if you receive a complaint

If you receive a complaint from a neighbour, take responsibility and resolve the problem.

If noise is still an issue after you've tried blocking it out and having a chat, you can make a noise complaint via the MyUnite app.

Your neighbours can make a complaint to Islington Council about noise, especially if its regular and persistent. You will receive a letter to inform you that you are being investigated.

During this time, a Noise Enforcement Officer may visit your property - you must respond to their enquiries. They can monitor noise levels, and the impact it’s having on your neighbours.

If you continue to make a lot of noise, they have power to seize your equipment and prosecute you with a substantial fine. You can find more information about noise pollution and steps the council may take on the Islington Council website.

Find support with your accommodation

Apply for halls

All applications for a place in Halls of Residence associated with City, University of London are made online. For more information on how to apply please visit:

Guarantee scheme

First year undergraduate students meeting the following three conditions are guaranteed a place in City accommodation for the 2023/24 academic year:

  • You must firmly accept via UCAS an unconditional or conditional offer on a full time course from City, University of London before 30th June 2023
  • Completed applications for City accommodation must be received by the Student Centre by 30th June 2023
  • You must be aged 18 years or above at the time your accommodation contract commences or be turning 18 by the 31st December 2023

Applications received after 30th June will be placed on a waiting list and reviewed from late August to early September, after all guaranteed students have been housed.

Please note that we cannot guarantee accommodation to late applicants, including students who apply through Clearing.

Continuing student accommodation

A Continuing Undergraduate is a student who has completed the first, second or is on a final year of their undergraduate degree. A Continuing Postgraduate is a student who has completed the first year of their postgraduate degree, such as a MA/MSc or PhD.

Every year we reserve a limited number of rooms for Continuing Student at Alliance House. These rooms are offered on a first come first serve basis.

Applications for Continuing Students will open on 10 March 2023 at 11am and will close on 10 April 2023. Offers will go out from May 2023 onwards.

Find more information about accommodation available for continuing students on our website.

Please click here to apply.

Private accommodation

To give you the best choice of accommodation and other benefits, we have joined up with the University of London Housing Services.

This means you can choose from a huge range of private accommodation across the capital. It also provides a housing advice service with free expert support if you ever need it.

Housing events and house-hunting days give you a chance to meet potential flatmates and help you find the right home for your time with us.

Students can also contact ULHS Private Housing Advisors on +44 (0)20 7862 8880 or email them at The University of London offers the following housing advice services:

  • Online private housing guides.
  • Contract checking and legal housing advice.
  • House-hunting events and an annual housing fair.

Current Hall Vacancy

Any vacancies that arise in City's Halls will be listed online after the start of the academic year as and when they arise. Please note that vacancies can change on a daily basis, especially during busy times of the year.

Available rooms will be posted here from 23rd September onwards.

If you are not a City, University of London student you may be able to book, proof of study will need to be provided.

If you see a vacancy that you are interested in, please contact the Accommodation Team at with your details. Compare residential halls on our website.

Please note: If a particular Hall or room type is not listed below, that is because there are no vacancies there at present. Rooms are only removed from this list once they have been officially accepted by a replacement student.

Available rooms

Hall: Romano Court
Gender: Mixed  x2
Room type: Shared flat (shared bathroom and kitchen)
Available From: Now
Contract End: 23 June 2023
Rent: £165 per week

Find out more about Romano Court

Hall: Arbour House
Room type: En-suite (shared kitchen)
Available From: Now
Contract End: 1 July 2023
Rent: £232 per week

Find out more about Arbour House 

Hall: Cross Court House (2 rooms available)
Room type: En-suite (shared kitchen)
Available From: Now
Contract End: 24 June 2023
Rent: £232 per week

Find out more about Cross Court House

Hall: iQ City (3 rooms available)
Gender: Any, mixed flat
Room type: En-Suite
Available from: Now
Contract End: 2 September 2023 (51 weeks)
Rent: £273.00 per week

Find out more about iQ City

Hall: iQ City
Gender: Any, mixed flat
Room type: En-Suite
Available from: Current resident looking for replacement student, wants to move as soon as possible
Contract End: 2 September 2023 (51 weeks)
Rent: £273.00 per week

Find out more about iQ City

Updated 9 June 2023


ULHS Housing Week 2023 – W/C 8 May 2023

Thinking about accommodation for September 2023? ULHS Housing Week will help you at every step of the way! Find your flatmates, know your rights and secure the accommodation that's right for you!

Housing Fair

The annual in-person Housing Fair from 11am - 3pm at Senate House on Thursday 11 May 2023.

Flatmate Finder

Macmillan Hall, Senate House
9 May 2023 1 - 3pm

We’re hosting our Flatmate Finder in person to go alongside the Housing Fair. This is an event with fun icebreakers for students to get to know each other and meet potential people to live with. This requires registration so we know who to expect, details will be launched shortly on our website.

Live Housing Advice Webinars

Throughout Housing Week 9 - 12 May 2023.

Our experienced Housing Advisors will be delivering a series of online presentations about house-hunting, deposits, disrepair, etc.


We organise ULHS to conduct regular Webinars for our students to assist with finding private accommodation in London. They include where to look, what kind of accommodation to look for, what you should expect to pay, and how to avoid scams. There will be a Q&A session at the end.

The next ULHS Webinar will take place on Wednesday 19 April 10am - 11am. If you’d like to register your interest in attending, please email


  • Wednesday 19 April 10 - 11am
  • Wednesday 1 February 10am - 11am
  • Wednesday 18 January 10am - 11am.