Research and Progress (RaP)
Research and Progress (RaP) is the institutional-wide tool to record, monitor and report on doctoral supervision and research progress across the institution. It has been developed in collaboration with Manchester University.
You can access Research and Progress by entering your existing City username and password on the main log-in page.
Research and Progress aims to:
- ensure research students are meeting with their supervisors regularly
- enable research students to manage their own personal and professional development
- ensure consistency of practice across City, University of London
- enhance City's research student community
- ensure compliance with relevant policy
- improve research degree qualification rates
All written records of supervision meetings are expected to be retained in Research and Progress; supervisors (including external supervisors) and Doctoral Researchers are asked to discuss and agree on their joint responsibility in maintaining these records.
- Help for Doctoral Researchers with recording your meetings with your supervisory team
- Help for Supervisors with commenting on your meetings with research students
External supervisors are advised to discuss the requirements of Research and Progress with the institution's member of the supervisory team. Please contact the School/Department Research Administrator initially if you are unable to access the facility.
City, University of London will be launching PhD Manager in three phases throughout the 2020/21 academic year. PhD Manager is a research management information system which brings together all PhD Administration, progression monitoring and training opportunities into a single hub. During the autumn term, we will be launching the Training and Development section of the platform which will allow you to book courses and development opportunities with ease. In time PhD Manager will replace RaP, but this will not happen until the summer of 2021. Further information will be posted on this page.