One-to-one Numeracy sessions
The Academic Skills Team are now offering 1-1 numeracy sessions with a tutor.
The online sessions last 30 minutes, and can cover areas such as:
- Percentages, fractions, proportions, and odds
- Basic mathematical notation, e.g. powers, roots, exponentials, summation and series
- Visualisation: line, bar and scatter plots
- Descriptive statistics: means, medians, standard deviation, etc.
- Simple equations and connecting equations to graphs
- Vicariaten analyses.
The support sessions are confidential, and we will not share your attendance or the contents of the sessions with lecturers or other students.
Please note we cannot offer you an appointment if you are currently sitting an online or take-home exam. Once your exams are complete, you are welcome to book appointments with us.
If you have been formally identified with a specific learning difference (SpLD) such as dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia or ADHD, the Neurodiversity support team at City can offer you specialist support with your studies including tailored one-one study skills tutorials. Please contact them directly for advice and support.
You can book a session on Wednesdays and Fridays. Space is limited, but you can book up to three weeks in advance. For further details visit the Academic Skills page on the Student Hub.