Study skills webinars
Study skills webinars
The Academic Skills team will be hosting a series of webinars. These will provide you with the skills and resources to enhance your learning.
The videos and slides from all webinars will be made available after each session in the Toolkit section of the Moodle Module:
Summer Skills programme
We’ve put together a Summer Skills programme to help prepare you for your next steps. This programme will help you whether you’re returning for another year of study or looking ahead to your career after university.
Running from 12th July – 16th July, and 19th July – 23rd July
Programme of live online webinars and resources to help you improve your:
- Focus and motivation
- Research and reading skills
- Study strategies
- Revision and assessment technique
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Academic and professional practice
- Writing and numeracy skills
To register for any of the webinars, please click the green sign-up bar below.
It would be useful to download the Microsoft Teams App in advance of the webinar.
It isn’t possible to make you anonymous during these live MS Teams webinars. If you feel unable to attend because of this, you can instead view a recorded version of each webinar afterwards.
All the meeting information within Teams is automatically deleted after 30 days, but until that time is up, your name and anything you write in the chat thread will be visible if someone visits the meeting after it has finished.
The permanent recording will not include the chat thread.
All webinar sessions run for 50 minutes.
Previous study skills webinar topics have included:
- Dissertation skills
- Responding positively to setback in learning
- Dealing with distractions
- Tips for take home exams and revision
- Scheduling your study and time management
- Studying during Ramadan
- Developing critical evaluation writing skills
- Reflective writing
- Drawing to revise
- How to read quickly
- How to improve your essay
- Academic research
- Effective revision and writing in online exams
- Tips for studying effectively during Ramadan
The videos and slides from all past webinars will be made available in the Toolkit section of the AST Moodle Module: