Your School and course

Key contacts within your School to support your studies, wellbeing and student experience.

Within your School and course there are a number of key members of staff to support you academically as well as for your wellbeing or student experience. Each role will have their own responsibilities and areas which they can support you, but you may also find some have slight overlap and there is more than one person you can speak to.

Student Welfare and Engagement Officers

Student Welfare/Engagement Officers are your first points of contact for any wellbeing or student experience related issues. You can discuss any challenges or life-circumstances which may be affecting your wellbeing and ability to engage with your studies.

Some topics which students discuss with Student Welfare/Engagement Officers can include, but are not limited to; mental health issues, financial stress, challenging living environments, time-consuming work or caring commitments, and disabilities. Based on the topic, Student Welfare/Engagement Officers will provide advice on how you can best access the support services available to you at the University.

How to contact

For any support or welfare enquiry please visit Support@City.

City's schools

*For the School of Health & Psychological Sciences please note students’ first point of contact for any welfare issues are your Personal Tutor or Programme Director. They can advise and support you with any further assistance by making a referral to the School Welfare Officer or University Support Services.

Personal Tutor

To help you navigate the academic aspects of student life and support your progress, you will be allocated a named member of academic staff as your personal tutor.

Your Personal Tutor is there for you to talk to about how you are getting on during your studies. They are a key point of contact throughout your programme, providing advice and guidance about the academic aspects of your student experience.

This includes support with settling into life at City, your academic progress and making the most of the extracurricular opportunities available to you.

Your Personal Tutor has knowledge, experience, and insight that will be beneficial as you progress through your programme. Your Tutor will also be able to help you think about your future beyond City such as support you can access regarding further study options or your employability.

More information about how your Personal Tutor can support you is provided in the Personal Tutoring Policy.

How to contact

Your Personal Tutor will contact you at the beginning of the academic year. If you are unsure of who your Personal Tutor is, you can find their name and contact information on your evision homepage.

Module Leaders

Your course is made up of different modules or topics. Your module leader is the lecturer who oversees the specific module (topic) you are being taught and isn't always the person delivering your teaching.

A module leader is the first point of contact for any queries you may have about the content or organisation of what you are studying. If you are unsure how to approach an assessment, or are struggling to understand any parts of the learning materials you have been assigned, please do feel free to email or meet with a module leader to get clarification and support. Your Module Leader will be more than happy to help and will have designated ‘office hours’ to speak with students for these reasons.

How to contact

You can find the name and email address of the Module Leader on the Moodle page for your specific module.

Course Officers

Your Course Officer is responsible for the administration of the course and official records of students.

You may have a question about the organisation of your course’s modules, how to submit an assessment or when specific grades will be released. Your Course Officer will be happy to answer any such questions.

How to contact  

Bayes Business School:

If you are unsure of who your Course Officer is, please contact the email or number below and your query will be directed:

The City Law School:

Your Course Officer’s name and contact details will be in your Programme Handbook. If you are not sure, contact [email protected]

School of Communication & Creativity:

School of Health & Psychological Sciences:

School of Policy & Global Affairs:

School of Science & Technology: