City provides a secure and pervasive wireless network available all across campus.
Eduroam Wi-Fi is easy to configure and connect to and allows you to access the internet from your mobile device or personal laptop.
The simplest way to connect to eduroam Wi-Fi is to download the eduroam CAT (Configuration Assistance Tool). This ensures a standardised set up and assurance that the configuration will work most effectively.
We additionally provide guidance for manual eduroam setup at the bottom of this page.
How do I connect to eduroam?
1. Make sure you're online
2. For all Devices apart from Android, access the website https://cat.eduroam.org and click on the Installer button. For Android devices, download the eduroam CAT app from the Google Play store
3. Select City, University from the Home institution list in either the browser of your device or in the CATapp for Android Devices
4. The installer for the device that you access the website from will automatically be shown, if it is the required one, click to Download
5. If you need other devices, please select “All platforms” and click to download the installer
6. Install the program
7. For iOS Devices only, then head to settings > profile downloaded, for all other devices enter your City, University email address (referred to as 'Username') and your normal City, University password as part of the installation.
If the eduroam installer does not work for you.
You can configure your laptop/mobile device as shown in the guides listed below, although please be aware this method is less secure than the installer:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Apple OS X 10.7 and later
- Apple OS X 10.5 and 10.6
- Linux - Fedora
- Linux - Ubuntu
If you are not able to connect using the installer or guides listed, please contact the IT Service Desk on 020 7040 8181