Events for International Students
We will be running a number of sessions especially for international students during Welcome Week to help you settle into the UK.
International Student Essentials
Friday 14th September, 1 - 5pm, Oliver Thompson Lecture Theatre (1st floor, Tait Building)
Wednesday 3rd October, 1 - 5pm, ELG02 (lower ground floor, Drysdale Building), for latecomers (no booking is required)
In this session, you will learn the essentials for settling in, UK culture and practical tips and advice. You will find out more information about HOST UK and International Students House. You will also have the opportunity to meet other international students and make new friends. This half day event is suitable for new undergraduate and postgraduate international students.
Please register for this session online.
Speed Meets – International Students
Monday 17th September 2018, 6 - 7pm, Courtyard Café (1st floor, Tait Building)
An opportunity for international students to meet their International Students’ Officer and other international students. This session is open to all new and current international students. No need to book a place, just turn up.
International Students' Welcome Reception
Tuesday 25th September 2018, 6 - 8pm, The Guildhall (EC2V 7HH)
This event is for new undergraduate and postgraduate international students, irrespective of which School of the University you are studying with. The reception is an opportunity to celebrate your arrival at City, Whilst enjoying drinks and canapés, you will be formally welcomed to the Institution by the President of City, University of London, Professor Sir Paul Curran.
- Event For: New undergraduate and postgraduate international students
- Venue: The Guildhall (Art Gallery entrance), Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HH. You will need to make your own arrangements for getting to and from the venue.
- Dress: Smart/formal dress or national costume of your home country. Casual clothes such as jeans, shorts, t-shirts or trainers will not be permitted. Anyone who arrives at the venue in casual dress will be turned away.
- Security: Anyone who has not pre-booked their attendance, or who arrives at the venue without a valid form of ID, such as your City Student ID card or your passport, will not be permitted entry to the event.
- Admission Price: Free, however online booking is required. Please be aware, this is a very popular event and places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please register for this event online.
London tour with the Chaplaincy team
Thursday 4th October 2018, 12 - 5pm
Meeting point: outside the City Faith Centre (1st floor, Tait Building) in the orange seating area, ready to leave at 12pm.
Join the Chaplaincy team as we visit three of London’s major worship centres. This is a fantastic opportunity to explore some of the diversity of culture and religion in our global city, while meeting and making new friends along the way. We will visit St Paul’s Cathedral, East London Mosque and Central London Synagogue. You will need an Oyster card with a minimum balance of £10 or a contactless payment card. Please bring your own refreshments.
To join the tour email email@example.com. Places are limited so register quickly to avoid disappointment.
Introduction to Tier 4
If you hold a Tier 4 visa you must attend one of these sessions. They will be offered as part of your course induction, so you should receive information from your school about the date and time you need to attend.
Students' Union Events
City Students' Union has put two weeks' worth of events for all students starting on Saturday 15th September, including huge parties, chilled days, trips and fun activities. For the whole range of events, please visit SU website.