Your key to City
Getting around City may seem like a challenge. After all, City has over 9 buildings on Northampton Square alone! Thankfully the University has its own app to get around campus and buildings for free, CityNav, which is available on desktop and mobile app stores. If you’d rather have a map of City you could hold in your hand, you can head to any of our reception desks across campus and ask for a City map.
Hungry? Thirsty? Want to skip the queues? You can download the Everyday app (iOS/Android) to order food and drinks across our campus outlets in advance. The app also keeps an update list of opening times for outlets and shows the latest deals on offer!
Saving money in London can be a challenge. As a student though you can access a whole host of discounts. Some of the main ways you can get these is through:
- Get the official National Union of Students's ID card, TOTUM -this is often the next best accepted student ID card for other organisations bar your City ID card when accessing discounts
- Sign up for UNiDAYS and Student Beans for instore and online discounts on clothes, tech and food and more
- Or just ask around! A lot shops and restaurants may offer you money off your purchases if you ask for a student discount
To help you navigate not just campus, but key parts of university life and best practice there are a range of Moodule modules you can take including:
- 'Learning with Moodle' - it seems funny a Moodle module about Moodle, but it's a great resource to help with your studies where you can practice submitting an assignment, how to communicate with lecturers and classmates and access assessments and feedback. If you complete the Moodle Quiz (gaining at least 70%) and the Digital Skills Self-assessment by Monday 31 October 2022, you can be entered into a prize draw to win a £50 Amazon voucher.
- 'Introduction to Accessibility' - do you know how to make digital content accessible? This module is a foundation-level course to give you information on mental health, cognition and neurodiversity and more and how you can use digital skills to be more accessible for everyone. If you complete the "Introduction to Digital Accessibility" topic in the module and submit feedback using Course Feedback Form before Monday 31 October 2022 and using the code "BigHello22", you can enter a prize draw which includes three City hoodies on offer.
- 'Library Induction' - City's Library offers more than just books and this module shows you everything they have to offer and how to best use the service. Take a tour of all of CIty's libraries and access resources on how the service can help, library guides and accessing online resource. If you complete the short Library Induction quiz to test your knowledge afterwards before Monday 31 October 2022, you'll have the option to submit your name into a prize draw.
When being on campus or interacting with the City community it's important to consider how you act. City is fortunate to have such a central location among the bustling area of Clerkenwell. With that in mind. its important to consider and be respectful of our neighbouring communities and families that surround our buidlings. Particularly during the evenings if you are leaving late at night.