Industrial Action

The University and College (Trade) Union (UCU) will be taking a period of strike action of 6 days in March.

You can find more on what this means for you, your classes, our campus and more on our industrial action at City page.

Last updated: 08 Mar 2023 10:44am

Your key to getting set up at City

Your University year starts with Induction which for most courses takes place during Welcome Week between Monday 26 September - Friday 30 September. If you’re studying on a health course or postgraduate Law course, your induction will likely start sooner and your course will let you know if this is the case. As part of  your Induction, you’ll have a specific timetable which you can be found on the Student Hub. If your course’s induction timetable isn’t displayed, please contact your school.

Before you start you’ll need to register, starting with an online form, to enroll on your course and at the University. You may have already gotten an email about this.

Once you have completed online registration and have activated your City IT account you can find your academic timetable for after your Induction on City’s MyTimetable platform. Make sure to memorise this or save it somewhere where you can easily access it.

During the registration process, make sure to familiarise yourself with the Student Charter, which sets out the expectations of you and of the University, how attendance and engagement set you up for success and City’s Terms and Conditions, which you are required to accept before you start here at City.

Here at City, the Students’ Union, an independent organisation run by students, for students is focused on supporting your experience here at City and will provide you with additional news, events, support as well as societies and even City merchandise!

While at City, particularly if you have moved to London, you’re encouraged to register with a local General Practitioner (family doctor) otherwise they will not be able to offer you emergency home visits. City has a great guide on registering with an NHS GP.

If you’re looking to stay in student accommodation, City has different options available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students, however, these are often fill up quickly. If you haven’t secured a place by September some rooms may become available through early cancellations or you can also check out the University of London Housing Service to find flats, houses and private student halls.

Lastly, if you aren’t sure about finance and sourcing your money, speak to our Student Funding team who can give you advice and answer your questions about scholarships & bursaries and funds like the City Hardship Fund or Disability Students’ Allowance (DSA).