Support and services available at City during the Winter break
Published Friday, 18th December, 2020 in University news
Over the winter break, from Monday 21st December - Friday 1st January, Student Support Services and the Student Counselling, Mental Health and Accessibility Service will be closed.
Nevertheless, there are still a lot of online support services available to you over this time and we have put together some useful contacts for you to speak to or ask any questions.
If you need to speak to someone or need support on mental wellbeing:
- Reach out to Togetherall. This is a free 24/7 online support service where you can go if you’re feeling down or struggling to cope with anything. Whether you want to speak to peers or read an article, there will be advice there every minute of every day.
- You can find our list of helpline, text and in-person support services here.
- Student Space is helpful resource to help you find the wellbeing support you need during the pandemic. You can contact them via phone, email, web chat and text.
For general questions about your studies or City:
- For general enquiries and information visit - Student Adviser Team | Student Hub | City, University of London and use our CityBot to find answers to your questions and queries. You can also reach out to them via phone: +44 (0)20 7040 7040 and email: email@example.com.
- For information about revising from home, managing your wellbeing and academic skills resources, visit the Student Counselling, Mental Health and Accessibility Moodle page.
For support in your accommodation
- If you have questions about your accommodation and you are living in Halls, then please contact the reception desk in your Halls of Residence.
- If you are living in private accommodation, University of London Housing Services offers a range of services to assist and support students who are looking for and living in private accommodation in London. They are reachable via phone: +44 (0)20 7862 8880 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For immigration and visa advice:
- If you are an International student needing immigration and visa advice, , please check the University web pages which has a lot useful information. If you have any questions, you can reach out to the International Student Advice Team via phone: +44 (0)20 7040 7040 and email: email@example.com
- You can also check UKCISA and Home Office pages.
If you're a City Cares student:
If you are supported by the City Cares programme, you can find guidance, information and support from the following organisations:
- Become, the charity for young care leavers
- Stand Alone, the charity which supports young estranged students
- Carers Trust, the charity supporting young adult carers.
Keeping active and maintaining your wellbeing:
CitySport will be open at the following times for you to use the gym and come along to classes:
- Wednesday 3rd December – 20th December
- Monday-Friday: 8am-8pm
- Saturday-Sunday: 9.30am-4.30pm
They also have lots of great sessions online, which you can access for free via their YouTube channel.
You can get in touch with them via phone: +44 (0) 20 7040 5656 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To use study spaces on campus
You can book a study space or PC in the Northampton Square Library. During the winter break you will need to use the Spencer Street entrance.
If you come onto campus, please make sure you follow the guidance by wearing a face covering unless you’re exempt, washing or sanitising your hands regularly, wiping down surfaces and giving each other space.
The Library will be open at the following times over the break:
Saturday 19th December– Wednesday 23rd December
10am – 6pm
Thursday 24th December – Sunday 27th December
Monday 28th December – Thursday 31st December
10am – 6pm
Friday 1st January
Saturday 2nd January and Sunday 3rd January
10am – 6pm
The Library Services is reachable on the phone at +44 (0) 20 7040 5060