Join us for a series of online and on-campus activites as part of CityConnects.
Published Monday, 12th July, 2021 in University news
As part of CityConnects, we've put together a Summer Skills programme to help you meet new people and prepare you for your next steps, whether that's returning for another year of study or looking ahead to your career after university.
The programme will be running from Monday 12th July - Friday 16th July and Monday 19th July - Friday 23rd July and consist of a number of live online webinars as well as two on-campus day programmes running on Thursday 15th and Thursday 22nd July.
By attending our live online webinars and resource, you will be able to improve your:
- Focus and motivation
- Research and reading skills
- Study strategies
- Revision and assessment technique
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Academic and professional practice
- Writing and numeracy skills
Please note: There will be no capacity limits - everyone who signs up can participate in these sessions.
If you are able to come to campus, you can get involved with activities like:
- Business and employability advice sessions with careers consultants
- Local area walking tours
- Campus tours
- Chances to discuss queries and challenges with staff
- Opportunities to meet other student
Please note: We have imposed capacity limits on the on-campus activities for Covid-19 security, so please sign up early. However, we will operate a waiting list once all spaces fill up.
You can sign up for online sessions and/or on-campus days here.