As part of City's work on developing a new strategy, a developmental timeline infographic has been developed for the City community to help set out process.
Published Wednesday, 26th January, 2022 in University news
November to mid-January
A: Our first Big City Conversation: Exploring what kind of institution we want City to be and the direction we want to take
- through in person and online events, focus groups, one-to-one interviews and the Big City Conversation online. Open to all students, staff, alumni and Council members.
B: Insight and analysis: Drawing insight from a wide range of sources to inform and ground the Strategy.
- Reviewing every contribution to the Big City Conversation online
- Combining this with internal and external data and insight (including case studies).
Mid-January to late February
C: Draft Vision and Strategy: The exciting ideas generated will be used to produce a draft Vision and Strategic themes.
- The analysis will be used to facilitate a series of workshops throughout January with a broad range of stakeholder representatives. This will enable us to develop our draft Vision and Strategic themes.
D: Our second Big City Conversation: Sharing and testing the emerging Strategy with all students, staff, alumni and Council members.
- Asking for your feedback on the emerging strategic themes through a second Big City Conversation using our online platform in February
- Reading and analysing every contribution
- Interviews with graduate employers and higher education sector leaders, and focus groups with our students.
E: Refining our strategy & roadmap for implementation: Analysing your feedback and refining our draft Vision and Strategy.
- Assessment and refinement of options
- Decision making workshops to agree priorities
- Roadmap for implementation developed.
F: Finalisation and approval: Agreement, refinement and final sign-off.
- SLT finalise the Vision and Strategy and implementation plan
- Council asked to approve.