We are City – Covid-19 Community agreement
The current global COVID-19 pandemic is an uncertain time for everyone and we want you to be clear about what you can expect from us and what we expect of you to keep our City community safe.
We all have a part to play in making sure that the areas where we live, work, and study are as safe as they can be and we expect you as students, and everyone in the University community, to commit to the following:
Keeping each other safe
- Regularly check and follow Government and University guidance: We expect you to follow Government and University guidance related to reducing the spread of Covid-19 and take personal responsibility for ensuring you are up to date with the latest information. We expect you to follow guidance for being safe while studying on campus and learning safely online
- Stay home if you’re unwell and let us know: If you begin to suffer with Covid-19 symptoms we expect you to report these using the processes within the University and follow government guidance to self-isolate and get a test
- Follow track and trace: We expect you to comply with track and trace requirements where they apply.
Supporting each other
- Be flexible and understanding: We ask you to be flexible in your expectations and understand that we have had to change the way we all study and work to make sure that we can operate safely for all our community.
- Be kind and considerate of each other: We expect you to look after each other, if you have a concern about someone please raise this with the appropriate member of staff, or if you aren’t sure, email email@example.com so that help and support can be offered. More information about support services can be found on the Student Hub
- Stay informed: We ask you to keep learning about the issues arising from the global pandemic and make sure that you are considerate of everyone in the City community. You can find lots of helpful information on the NHS website and on our Student Hub.
Working together as a community
- Be inclusive and supportive of those around you, recognising that we are all responsible for the protection of vulnerable individuals.
- Show empathy, respect and due consideration to others including your friends and peers, university staff and the wider communities that support you to achieve your goals whilst at University both on campus and online.
Respond in an open, positive, and respectful manner if you are challenged about your behaviour. If you wilfully and repeatedly breach University guidance we may consider it an act of misconduct and it could lead to disciplinary processes as outlined in the Regulation 13 – Student Disciplinary
The University commits to:
- Prioritising the safety and wellbeing of all students and staff through taking a risk-based approach to our operations.
- Taking all reasonable steps to prevent and control outbreaks of Covid-19 at City, University of London.
- Anticipating and planning for emergencies, outbreaks and other contingencies.
- Continuing to deliver high quality teaching and learning and provide a high standard of student services and specialist support.
The Students’ Union commit to:
- Continuing to represent and advocate for students and their academic and social needs, to ensure that you get the best experience at City.
- Working with the relevant University departments to ensure that all aspects of the student experience have been adapted and are being delivered to a safe and inclusive standard.
- Creating a welcoming culture by providing opportunities for students to interact and become a part of the City community #MyCityUni.
If you need further support please contact your personal tutor, course office or the Student Centre firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience bullying and harassment in relation to Covid-19 we ask that you continue use Bullying and Harassment processes to report these
Thank you for the role you will play in keeping our community safe as part of this agreement.