Bayes Clubs and Societies
Bayes Clubs and Societies
Being part of a club or society can be one of the most rewarding activities you can do alongside your studies whilst a student at The Business School. The Careers Clubs & Societies give students across all programmes – Undergraduate, MSc and MBA fantastic opportunities to meet people with similar interests, network with professionals from outside of the school and develop employability skills.
Joining a club or society gives you:
- The chance to experience organising and running conferences
- A wider understanding of financial and organisational practices
- An opportunity to develop practical skills
- Networking events with alumni and professionals
- A wider knowledge base, away from the classroom
- The chance to meet students from across courses and departments
- Opportunities to self market - invaluable additions to your CV
- A better understanding of the 'soft' skills necessary in today's job market
- Closer links with the business world.
The Careers Clubs and Societies are not just about professional development - many clubs encourage sport and leisure activities ensuring your experience is both rewarding and fulfilling. Friends made at Universities socialising or playing sport can develop into networks and friendships for life.
- Contact the club or society directly or
- Email Events Executive, Leon Cuthbertson
Are you interested in becoming a President of a Careers club or society?
Please see our CampusGroups website (or list below) for all of the Clubs & Societies that are currently available.
The President / Co-President is the key point of contact for each club or society. You will shape the aims of the club for the year and will work closely with your careers / faculty contacts. It will be your responsibility to chair meetings, support the work of other members ensuring you always keep abreast of all activities. You will be responsible for the success of your club or society for the year.
If you wish to become a President for an existing Club or Society - please email Leon.email@example.com with your name, course, desired position and club by Friday 8th October at 5pm. You will then receive information on how to apply, for most groups this will take the form of completing a short video interview, consisting of five questions. This will need to be completed by Monday 11th October 9am, applications after this time will not be accepted.
All applications will be reviewed by a panel made up from members of the careers team, current committee members and faculty staff. If successful you should hear if you have been successful by Friday 15th October. You will then be invited to meet with your careers contact, current committee members and the events team and will be expected to host your society at the Clubs and Societies online fair on 21st October at 11:30 – 1pm.
Application to start a new Careers Society
In exceptional circumstance it may be possible to set up a new society. However this would mean that the new society would be have to follow all five of the following criteria:
- The society must be distinct enough from what is currently available and the topic must not already be covered by an existing Group.
- The society would benefit the students in a way that is not currently available
- The society would benefit the Business School rather than better placed/better resourced within the city university based societies*
- The society would be feasible on a Practical/Resource Level
- The society will be open relevant and available to all of the Business School Community.
*Societies that fall into this category include niche sporting activities, religious groups, political groups and individual country based social/business groups
Applications are accepted from beginning of September to the end of November only
If you feel the society meets the above criteria and wish to continue to the application, then you will be required to complete an application form and submit the completed form to Leon.firstname.lastname@example.org which will be reviewed by a panel. If the application does meet the above criteria then you may be required you to attend a formal interview panel to further asses the validity of the Society.
Career Business Clubs
Actuaries, Insurance, Risk and Quants Society, Alternative Finance and Investment, Analytics and Data Science Society, Chinese Careers Society, Consultancy Society, Energy and Commodities Club, Entrepreneurship Network, Finance & Banking Club, Fintech Society , M&A/Private Equity Club, Marketing and Strategy Club, Real Estate Club, Shipping Society, Supply Chain Club, Trading Society, Women in Business
African Caribbean Society, Design Thinking, Ethics, Social Responsibilty & Sustaiability Society, Fashion and Luxury Business Network, German Speaking Society, Global Health Society, Latin American Society, LGBT Society, Mindfulness Society, Poker Society, Russian Speaking Society, Scandinavian Business Society, Society for Indian Sub-Continent, Toastmasters, Value Investing Society, Wine Society
Social Sports Clubs
Basketball, Football, Golf Club, Yoga Society