If you’re a fan of American Football, or just want to try something new, I encourage you to come and get a taste for the game with the City Wolfpack.
When I came to City, I had only heard of the sport but never had the pleasure of playing. When I first joined the team I had very little ability, but thanks to a team of coaches with experience coaching Team GB and some of the best teams in the country, I was in the best position to develop as a player. The coaching and experience in playing with the Wolfpack has enabled a lot of our players and alumni to represent adult teams outside of the University, most of these teams being in the Premiership Division.
Going into my 4th year at City, I now have the honour of being the team president. My experiences playing American Football with the City Wolfpack have helped me grow my leadership skills and confidence, as well as helping me grow as an athlete.
I hope you choose to try American Football with the Wolfpack, I promise you won’t look back.
- Rao Khan, Team President
You may be thinking:
- “American Football isn’t for me.”
- “It’s too rough.”
- “I’ve never tried it.”
- “It’s full of Americans.”
But you’d be wrong, and here’s why:
- American Football is for everyone, whether you are a man or woman, want to play or assist the team in any way, we’ll find a place for you.
- American Football is a contact sport and you can get injured, just like in any other sport. However, you are protected as much as possible through the right protective equipment and proper coaching on how to play safe.
- More than 90% of all Wolfpack players had NEVER played the sport before coming to City. The coaches start from the bottom and instil the basics to ensure everyone is on the same playing field!
- The City Wolfpack have had players from at least 30 different nationalities and welcome people of all backgrounds to join the team!
Being a 1st year student, I wanted to not just join a team but I wanted to be a part of a club that made me feel part of a family and made me love time here in City. With the City Sentinels it is just that. We meet often and even workout together. So far playing for the City Sentinels has helped me through my 1st year and has been the best experience of my time at City so far.
One of the main advantages of American football at City over other sports, lies in our unique identity, the Sentinels! I’m proud to be a Sentinel!
Leagues we play in
Our mixed gender team competes in the BUCS London 2A league
Most Improved Club of the Year 2016
- Monday 27th September from 7-8.30pm and Friday 1st October from 7-9pm at East London RFC
- Monday’s 7-8.30pm and Friday’s 7-9pm at East London RFC