From the City Wolfpack to you; Welcome to City, University of London! And make sure you get involved in sport at City! If you’re wondering which sport to get involved in then look no further than the greatest and largest sports club at City; the City Wolfpack American Football team!
The City Sentinels were founded in 2012, completed an associate season before joining the BUCS league at the start of the 2013/14 season. Head Coach Adam Lillis in conjunction with co-ordinators and positional coaches, spent the first few weeks teaching the basics of the game to the Sentinels. Very quickly the coaches turned a collection of students into a team of football players!
The 2015/16 season has been one of the best seasons for the City Sentinels so far. We managed to finish the season having won 6 games and only losing 2. Although we didn't manage to secure our place in the play-offs, we feel as though we improved from our previous season and look to keep improving! The City Sentinels now have a platform from which they can further develop into an even greater force in the BUCS division.
In 2017, the university underwent a university-wide rebranding and the City Sentinels became the City Wolfpack. So if you are interested in joining the team, get in touch and become a City Wolfpack!
You may be thinking:
- “American Football isn’t for me.”
- “It’s too rough.”
- “I’ve never tried it.”
- “It’s full of Americans.”
But you’d be wrong, and here’s why:
- American Football is for everyone, whether you are a man or woman, want to play or assist the team in any way, we’ll find a place for you.
- American Football is a contact sport and you can get injured, just like in any other sport. However, you are protected as much as possible through the right protective equipment and proper coaching on how to play safe.
- More than 90% of all City Sentinels had NEVER played the sport before coming to City. The coaches start from the bottom and instill the basics to ensure everyone is on the same playing field!
- The City Sentinels have had players from at least 30 different nationalities and welcome people of all backgrounds to join the team!
Being a 1st year student, I wanted to not just join a team but I wanted to be a part of a club that made me feel part of a family and made me love time here in City. With the City Sentinels it is just that. We meet often and even workout together. So far playing for the City Sentinels has helped me through my 1st year and has been the best experience of my time at City so far.
One of the main advantages of American football at City over other sports, lies in our unique identity, the Sentinels! I’m proud to be a Sentinel!
Leagues we play in
Our mixed gender team competes in the BUCS London 2A league
Most Improved Club of the Year 2016
- THURSDAY September 20th 2018 18:00-20:00 - Draper's Field
- SATURDAY September 22nd 2018 10:30-12:30 Linford Christie stadium
- THURSDAY 18:00-20:00 - Draper's Field
- SATURDAY 10:30-12:30 Linford Christie stadium