Tired of spending your weeks badminton-less? Fed up of trying to find an available court or people or people to play with? Well, we might have the answer you're looking for. Joining the Badminton Club is a great opportunity to smash any stress that university life may serve your way. Whether you're looking to improve your skills, meet new friends or just want to have fun, there's a place for you in our club. We carry out social sessions where our rule is to get on court and have fun but if you are feeling competitive, why not join the team? So, what are you waiting for? Pick up your racquet and join us for a game of badminton!Women's Captain
The badminton team/club is an enjoyable way to keep in shape and have fun at the same time! Many people don’t know this, but badminton is actually the fastest racquet sport in the world. It can improve your hand-eye coordination and is physically demanding. If you’re new to City, it’s a great way to meet new people, as so many people play socially. You can use the social sessions for fun or try out for the team if you want to play more competitively. I have played for the City University Badminton team for three years and have enjoyed every second of it! You also get the opportunity to compete against other London Universities in the league and the Conference Cup. We won the Conference cup in the 2015-16 season, and hope to repeat this success in future years to come!Men's Captain
Leagues and cups we play in
- Our men’s team competes in BUCS South Eastern 2B and the BUCS Trophy, and matches take place on Wednesdays.
- Our women's team competes in BUCS South Eastern tier 2 and the BUCS South Eastern Conference Cup, and matches take place on Wednesdays.
- Short-listed for TeamCity Club of the Year 2016.
- Men's team were short-listed for TeamCity Team of the Year 2016.
- Men's team won GOLD in the BUCS South Eastern Conference Cup Final 2016.
Men and women train at the same time and venue.
CityActive Badminton sessions:
- FRIDAYS - 17:30-18:30 or 18:45-19:45 (*these are separate sessions, to attend both you must pay twice)
- WELCOME WEEK Drop-In Session (all levels) WEDNESDAY September 27th 12:30-14:00
Trials for the teams:
- TUESDAY - September 26th 21:00-22:30
Team training sessions:
- TUESDAYS 21:00-22:30