City's Fencing team compete in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) and cup matches with great achievements in both team leagues and individual championships. With training and match once a week, fencing is a great way for you to meet new people from the University and exercise through this unusual and very fun sport. We have both men's and women's teams looking for enthusiastic and committed experienced fencers to join us.
If you have no experience of the sport but have been eager to try it out, the Fencing club is the right place for you. We also have a CityActive side that is just as important to us since our coach trains both the teams and gives lessons to the beginners. Every year some of them are selected to join the team and represent the university, could it be you?
Leagues and cups we compete in
- BUCS South Eastern 2B
- BUCS Trophy
- Our men's team came 2nd in their league 3A, and were promoted in the 2017-18 season.
- Our women's team came 2nd in their league in the 2015-16 season.
- SATURDAY September 22nd 2018 11:00-14:00 at CitySport (Studio 1&2)
- SATURDAY 11:00-12:30 at CitySport, Studio 1&2
CityActive "Learn to Fence" Programme
- WEDNESDAY 13:30-15:00 OCTOBER 3rd 2018 - Taster session at CitySport (Studio 1 & 2)
- WEDNESDAY 13:30-15:00 OCTOBER 10th – DECEMBER 12th 2018 – “Learn to Fence” programme at CitySport, Studio 1 & 2. (£15) (Students are required to commit to the 10 week programme)
Click CityActive here for information on how to sign up.