“Come and join the league champions! No experience is required to excel in one of City’s Futsal teams. This sport is a faster-paced, 5-a-side take on football, played on a court a third of the size. Players enjoy honing their close control skills and developing fitness to become a better athlete under the guidance of an experienced coach.
With one training session and a match most weeks, playing a sport for City fits in well with study and is the perfect way to meet students from a wealth of different backgrounds. When I joined, I had never played in a team but gave 100% each week to grow as a player and a leader. Our sessions soon became the highlight of my week. I also didn’t know anyone at City but quickly bonded with my teammates over our love for football and at the regular socials at CityBar or nearby restaurants and arcades.
I’m proud to be leading the team this year and excited to welcome anyone to try out for the team.” – Kerry, Captain/Goalkeeper, Women’s Team Captain
- Teams – 1 female and 1 male team.
- Off field activities/socials – Ice breakers and Christmas meals. Regularly go to City Bar as a team to support other events too.
- Recreational – Social sessions are available for anyone who wants to play. Usually take place on a Thursday evening before our training.
However, in case you are not selected as a player for the team, you can still participate in club-wide activities throughout the academic year. Moreover, we also have off-court club events and team events, such as dinners and movie nights.
- Women’s Team – Thursdays 7:00pm - 8:30pm at CitySport
- Men’s Team – Thursdays from 8:30pm - 10pm at CitySport
- Women’s South Eastern Tier 1
- Men’s Premier South
- Men’s: Thursday 29th September, 8:30pm – 9:30pm @ CitySport
- Women’s: Thursday 29th September, 6pm – 7:30pm and Saturday 1st October, 12:30pm – 1:30pm @ CitySport
- Men’s Thursday 29th September 7:30pm - 9pm
- Equipment needed – Indoor trainers (no studs) and shin pads.
- Selection Process – No previous experience required. After trials have taken place, the captain and coach will work together to decide who makes the team. As futsal has rolling subs, we can take a healthy number of people in the team.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Non Marking shoes
- Shin pads
- Suitable Clothing
How to get involved
- Direct message the team on Instagram
- Email email@example.com
- Visit us at Sports in the square or freshers fair
Selected Team Members
If you are selected for the team you will need to download BUCS Play and register yourself.
To represent City in your chosen sport you must first attend a trial or open practice. Once selected for a team you must purchase a sports membership. Once purchased, you can represent City throughout the 2022/23 season.
Membership costs £50 for the academic year – You are not required to purchase more than one membership if representing more than one team.