Welcome to City Rugby! We’re extremely excited for you to join us for the coming year in which we have an action packed season planned. Our dedicated committee has been working hard all summer to make sure you have the best experience possible. We have something for everybody at City Rugby – whether its the best social scene on campus, giving back to the community, or just wanting to stay in shape – we have it all!
While we are an extremely hard working and competitive club, there are no trials at City Rugby. We welcome players of all shapes & sizes and of any ability. We aim to be as inclusive as possible, and endeavour everyone who wants to play matches gets a game. We train twice a week, to allow those who are new to the sport to improve their skills, to keep fit and to get to know fellow players. Our new Head Coach, Matt Allnutt, has an immense breadth of knowledge with teaching rugby to a range of individuals and is extremely excited to work with us.
Here at City Rugby we invest in our players. We like to put on regular socials and to give our players a unique experience, one you won't get anywhere else. Our club subscription is £35 (in addition to a City Sports card) which includes a premium AKUMA training kit (jacket & shorts), a City club tie (worn after every game) and socials across the season. An all-inclusive deal… what more could you want? We are also offering an easy, manageable, instalment system to pay the club subscription, to allow those who can't pay it in full.
So please, don't be shy! Come and find us during your welcome week, where there will be friendly City Rugby representatives throughout campus, and at the annual Fresher’s Fair to find out more about what we do and what we can offer you during your time at City.Captain, Edward Armitage
Leagues we play in
- Our men’s team competes in BUCS South Eastern 4B and theBritish Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) South Eastern Conference Cup, with games taking place on Wednesdays.
- Our men's team came second in their league in the 2015-16 season.
- Our men’s team reached the semi-final of the BUCS South Eastern Conference Cup.
Get in touch
Please contact Ed with any questions you may have. Ed.email@example.com
First Training Session:
- MONDAY October 2nd 19:00-20:30 East London RFC (Grass Pitch)
Men’s team training:
- MONDAY 19:00-20:30 at East London RFC (Grass Pitch)
- FRIDAY (Skills and Fitness Session) 16:00-17:00 at CitySport