Do you enjoy playing table tennis and meeting new people? Constantly training and competing to further improve your ability? Then join the Table Tennis Team at City. Table Tennis is a brilliant sport, requiring quick reflexes and nerve as the ball regularly hitting speeds in excessive of 40 mph. We have our training sessions weekly at City Sport, just round the corner from the University. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, come for a try-out session and let us see what you’ve got! We've got a men’s and a women’s team entered for this year and would love for you to join us.
The table tennis club is a great way to meet new people and show off your skills! Table tennis requires some of the fastest reaction times of any sport, It can improve your hand-eye coordination and is physically demanding. You can use the social sessions for fun with no commitment necessary or try out for the team if you want to play more competitively. I have played for the City University team for two years and have enjoyed every second of it! You get the opportunity to compete against other London Universities in the league and the Conference Cup. We hope to go for double success this coming year!George Louca - Men's Captain
Leagues and cups we play in
- Our men’s team competes in a British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) South Eastern league and the BUCS South Eastern Conference Cup. We finished first in the the South Eastern League 3A in 2019/20.
- Our women’s team competes in BUCS South Eastern 2A and the BUCS South Eastern Conference Cup,
- In 2019/20 the men's team finished first in the South Eastern 3A league, winning every match in our league.
- 2017-18, the men's team reached the fourth round of the Cup.
- The ladies team are now into their 3rd season of play, and look to gain promotion for the first time and win the BUCS South Eastern Conference Cup
Men's and Women's Team trials and training will be at the same time
CityActive Drop in session
Go to CityActive for information on how to sign up.