Men’s: 1st team, usually 4 players with 2/3 subs (we were promoted to a higher league by winning all of our matches pre-Covid-19)
Women’s: 1st team, usually 2 players with 1 sub
We accept more players to train with us.
Table tennis is not only for those that want to play competitively. Whether you’re new to the sport and want a hobby during university, want to play for fun, or someone who has played competitively and are looking to join the main team, Everyone is Welcome!
Men & Women (Separate sessions)
- Friday 1st October, 6.30pm-8pm @ CitySport
- Sportswear recommended
- Selection process: We don’t pick a team on trials or taster sessions, we have a good time playing, and it is an opportunity to ask the Captains any questions that you may have.
- If interested in carrying on, we will give the date for training sessions and then we will pick the teams then, and anyone who wants to train or play for fun are always welcome to join us. We have a coach that helps students of all levels.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Day: Friday
- Time: 17:15 – 18:45 (to be confirmed)
- Venue: City Sports
- Commitment level: Anyone can join, our coach trains all levels. However, those that will be part of the main team, training with each other is recommended.
- We will take your email or Phone Number and add you to a WhatsApp group to stay in touch and this is where information will be relayed.
- BUCS league: Wednesdays
- Some matches are at Home (City Sports), and some Away (at other Universities)
- We also have friendly matches.
- Varsity: End of Year (to be confirmed)
- BUCS Nationals: Where the top players go to compete against other universities (to be confirmed)
How to get involved
- Direct message the team on Instagram about Table Tennis
- Or Email: email@example.com
- Visit the team at welcome fair, we will have our own stall and if you cannot find us, there will be a stall for wolfpack society where you can get some information.
Selected team members
If selected for the main men’s/women’s team, we require you to train hard for the upcoming matches, to be a team player and to respect each others levels.
We will have a coach to help train us. Also since Fridays will also include students that are not part of the main teams, there usually is Monday evenings where only the team members can play.
Register on BUCS Play (to be confirmed)
Purchase sports card (to be confirmed)