Do you enjoy playing table tennis and meeting new people? Constantly training and competing to further improve your ability? Then join the Table Tennis Team at City. Table Tennis is a brilliant sport, requiring quick reflexes and nerve as the ball regularly hitting speeds in excessive of 40 mph. We have our training sessions weekly at City Sport, just round the corner from the University. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, come for a try-out session and let us see what you’ve got! We've got a mens and a womens team entered for this year and would love for you to join us.
After an encouraging 2017/18 season both teams will be looking for a great 2018/19 and promotion!!
Leagues and cups we play in
- Our men’s team competes in a British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) South Eastern 3A league and the BUCS South Eastern Conference Cup
- Our women’s team competes in BUCS South Eastern 2A and the BUCS South Eastern Conference Cup,
- Last year, the men's team reached the last 16 of the Cup, and finished just 1 win away from promotion.
- Our men’s team reached the final of the Cup in the 2014-15 season.
- The ladies team are now into their 3rd season of play, and look to gain promotion for the first time and win the BUCS South Eastern Conference Cup
Men's and Women's Team trials and training will be at the same time
Welcome Week Drop In Session (any level):
- WEDNESDAY 19th September 2018 from 13:00-15:00 at CitySport (Saddlers Sports hall)
- FRIDAY 21st September 2018 from 17:15-18:45 at CitySport (Studio 1 and 2)
- WEDNESDAY 26th September 2018 from 13:00-15:00 at CitySport (Saddlers Sports hall)
- FRIDAY 17:15-18:45 at CitySport (Studio 1 and 2)