Make the most of your time in the capital with these free activities.
Published Wednesday, 12th September, 2018 in University news
London is an amazing city especially if you are on a budget. We have put a list of free things to do if you are new to the city or a lifelong Londoner you’ll find something new to match your interests. Here is the top 5
- Museums and Galleries: We are spoiled for choice when it comes to museums and galleries in London and most are free! From the Museum of Childhood to the Tate Modern, you will find exhibitions to inspire you.
- British Library: The British Library makes for a great study space or why not check out one of the exhibitions. Near King’s Cross Station, it’s really easy to get to from the Northampton Square campus.
- Sky Garden: Sky Garden is based in new addition to the London skyline, the Walkie Talkie. Access is free and you’ll get amazing views of the city.
- Free concerts at the Royal Academy of Music: Free on a Tuesday? Attend a lunchtime concert at the Royal Academy of Music. No need to book, just turn up.
- Parks: Hampstead Heath, Richmond Park, Holland Park Along with museums and galleries, London is also full of green spaces. Each has something different to offer. Why not take a stroll alongside peacocks in Holland park (yes the Peacocks live in the park) or check out icon views in Greenwich Park? Check out more parks here
- Speaker’s Corner: If you are heading to Hyde Park, check out Speaker’s Corner. It’s a destination for people to debate and speak to the public about any issue. Head over and listen to what the speakers have to say.
- Southbank (Tate, Southbank Centre): There is so much to choose from on London’s Southbank whether you are in Skateboard culture, theatre, galleries or just want to take in views of the Thames. It’s just round the corner from Waterloo station.
- Borough Market: This historic market has been around for 1000 years. Yes, it can be traced all the way back to the year 1014! It is now a destination for foodies, check the street food stalls and fresh produce.
- Donmar Theatre Young +Free: Into theatre? Join the Donmar Theatre mailing list for free tickets for people aged under 25.
- Platform 9 ¾ :This one is for all the Harry Potter fans! Head to King’s Cross and start your journey to Hogwarts!