As lockdown restrictions begin to ease, here’s a reminder of what to do if you’re coming onto City campuses.
Published Friday, 19th March, 2021 in University news
As we approach exam season and lockdown restrictions begin to ease, we know more people may be coming onto our campuses for in-person teaching or to use booked study spaces. If you are on campus, please make sure you continue to follow the guidance in place, including keeping your distance, especially when indoors and wearing a face covering over your nose and mouth unless you are exempt, to help reduce the transmission of Covid-19.
We appreciate you may want to meet friends and course mates while on campus and in line with Government guidance, you can now sit outside for recreational activities such as having a coffee or a picnic with one other person outside your household. If you are on campus and would like to socialise, please make sure you use our outdoor spaces, such as the Drysdale Garden, as socialising indoors on campus is currently not allowed. You can find further information about the Government roadmap, including key dates when other restrictions are provisionally scheduled ease, on the Government website.
Our ‘Keep City Safe’ ambassadors will be on campus, reminding everybody of the guidance to help us ensure we keep one another safe.
If you are on campus for in-person teaching or to use a booked study space, here’s a reminder of what you’ll need to do before you arrive and while you’re on campus:
Before you come to campus
- Book a COVID-19 test – to reduce the spread of the virus and keep all people on campus safe, we strongly encourage you to take a test and only come onto campus on the basis of a negative COVID-19 result. You can book free asymptomatic tests through the regular testing available in our partnership with the University of London
- Book a study space – you will only be allowed on campus if you have a booked space or an in-person teaching session
While you are on campus
- Access Northampton Square through the side door next to the main entrance, and Bunhill Row and Myddleton Street through their main entrances
- Sign in using your ID number when you enter our buildings
- Use the study space or PC you have been allocated
- Wear a face covering at all times unless you are exempt. If you forget your face covering you can collect one from our reception desks.
- Give each other space
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Wipe down surfaces before and after use