Coronavirus: guidance for students and staff
- For the most recent information about Covid-19 and what that means for City, read our news story.
- For information about the 2021/22 academic year, read our statement.
- For the latest opening times at City, read our Covid-19 status page.
- For the latest information for International students, read our email.
Accessing our campus safely
To welcome back students and staff who need to use our campus, we have now opened up all our buildings. All members of City’s community will need to work together to keep each other safe when on campus, so please make sure you read the safety measures City is implementing and follow the guidance to help ensure social-distancing and hygiene guidelines are followed.
Before you arrive on campus
- Book your study space in advance. Covid-secure measures remain in place, including spacing seats two meters apart where possible, so we would still encourage you to book a study space before you travel.
- Book regular Covid-19 tests - to reduce the spread of the virus and keep all people on campus safe, we strongly encourage you to take tests and only come onto campus on the basis of a negative Covid-19 result. You can book free asymptomatic tests through our UoL partnership, order home tests or access community testing in your local area.
While you’re on campus
- Follow the key actions below that we’re asking all students, staff and visitors to adopt in order to keep themselves and each other safe.
- Collect your new student ID card by emailing Security to let them know what time you will collect it.
- Make sure you don't move seats which are spaced two metres apart.
Working together to keep our City community safe
What we are doing
What we need you to do
Making it possible to study and work online when not on campus
If you are feeling unwell, stay at home, take a Covid-19 test if you have symptoms and complete this form to let us know if you have symptoms, receive a positive test result or are isolating.
Circulating fresh air where possible
Wear a face covering on campus unless you are exempt. If you're exempt, please let us know by completing this form and wearing the navy blue lanyard and exemption card we’ll provide.
Providing hand sanitisation stations across campus
Wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
Installing clear signage and one-way systems to support social distancing
Stay alert and maintain social distancing.
Following an enhanced cleaning programme on campus
Use the disinfectant spray provided to wipe down surfaces and equipment.
Providing regular updates on safety measures and guidelines to keep you safe
Stay in touch with your tutor or class, and keep up to date with City communications. If you're unwell, please let us know by completing this form.
Looking after your own health
You can find the latest information about Covid-19, including symptoms, social distancing guidance and track and trace on the NHS coronavirus website.
What to do if you have symptoms
The main symptoms are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you're worried about your symptoms
- you're not sure what to do
Call 111 if you cannot get help online. Do not go to places like a GP surgery, hospital or pharmacy.
What to do if your test is positive
Stay at home, self isolate and please confirm your positive test with us as soon as possible by completing this form.
How to avoid catching or spreading Covid-19
In line with public health advice, we ask you follow these hygiene practices to protect your own health and that of others:
- try to stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone you do not live with (or anyone not in your support bubble)
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean