As winners of Club of the Year 2015/16, the Basketball Club are committed to providing the best team experience for its members. Both the Men’s and Women’s Teams will be competing in the 2nd division this year, with the goal of reaching the first division. Our practices and home games take place at the fantastic facilities at CitySport, with plenty of spectator seating for support at games. Why not drop in on one of our matches?
Our teams love to organise socials and nights out so that members can get a true taste of London, and we can be found at City Bar on game nights. Annual trips to Rotterdam have become a tradition and is a great chance to test your skills against players from around Europe. Both teams won at this year’s Varsity tournament which was a huge highlight of the season, and we are looking forward to welcoming new players for another great year!Women's Captain
Last season we played in the South Eastern 2B division and finished in third place. This year we will be playing in both 2nd division league and cup competitions. Our goal will be to return to the 1st division by winning the league and win the cup.
Additionally, our practices and games will take place at CitySport, an amazing multi-purpose sports facility. The basketball court is of the highest quality and the place for spectators has up to 400 seats! Overall, playing for the Men’s basketball team is really a valuable, entertaining and fun experience.Men's Captain
Leagues and cups we play in
- Our men’s team competes in BUCS South Eastern 2B and the BUCS South Eastern Conference Cup, and matches are on Wednesdays.
- Our women’s team competes in BUCS South Eastern 2B and the BUCS South Eastern Conference Cup, and matches are on Wednesdays.
TeamCity Club of the Year 2016.
Social basketball sessions are mixed gender. Team training sessions are separate for the men's and women's teams.
CityActive Basketball Sessions:
- MONDAY - 18:00 - 19:00
- FREE WELCOME WEEK Drop-In Session (all levels) MONDAY September 25th 17:00-18:30
- WOMEN'S Team - MONDAY September 25th 19:00-20:30
- MEN'S Team MONDAY September 25th 20:30-22:00 / WEDNESDAY September 27th 14:00-16:00
Men’s team training sessions:
- MONDAY 20:30-22:00 / SATURDAY 10:00-11:00
Women’s team training sessions:
- MONDAY 19:00-20:30 / THURSDAY 15:30 - 16:30