City Hockey is a fun-filled team that accepts everyone and anyone from all levels of experience. We host socials, matches and trainings where you make friends and play a fast paced and exciting team-sport (plus it will help you stay fit all year round). We have Men's and Women's teams, and also play in a mixed league. We train at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre on an Olympic-level hockey pitch.
We are a competitive and hard working club but it doesn’t matter whether you’ve never held a hockey stick, or if you’ve held many sticks in your life-time; we don't hold trials and would love to have you!
Last year our women’s team held their position against some strong sides in their league, and our men’s team won their league undefeated. We hope to continue our success in the coming hockey season.
Come and join the City Hockey team to get the chance to challenge other universities, and to be part of a closely knit team determined to grow stronger and stronger each year.
Leagues we play in
Both teams will be playing in BUCS leagues in the 2018/19 season, with matches on Wednesday afternoon. We will also have a mixed team playing in LUSL on Sundays.
- Winners of Club of the Year and Inclusive Club of the Year 2018.
- Men’s team were short-listed for Team of the Year 2018, and our captain won Captain of the Year.
- Our Men’s team won their league in the 2017-18 season and have been promoted.
Men and women both train on Fridays at 18:00 at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre. We meet at Northampton Square at 17:00 so we can travel to training together.
- FRIDAY 21st September 2018 from 17:45-19:30 at Lee Valley Hockey Centre
- FRIDAY 18:30-20:00 at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre (meet at 17:00 at Northampton Square)