We are a friendly and inclusive competitive netball team here at City, University of London. We have a 1st Team and a 2nd team who both regularly play in BUCS and a London universities netball league. We train once a week on a Monday and hope to reintroduce strength into and conditioning sessions to complement our training.
Socialising is at the heart of our practice, as we believe bonding with your teammates is vital for communication, game play and making lifelong friends! We will also be offering social netball (day TBC) which will be a great chance to socialise with others and have some fun!
- How many teams. Male/female. 1st/2nd team etc: 1st and 2nd Female Teams
- Off field activities/socials: Fundraisers for our charities, team bonding outings and CityBar events for University Students/Wolfpack
- Charity: JDRF and fundraising for Hodgkin Lymphoma or maybe Mind (mental health)
- Recreational offer: social netball session, once a week
Date/time: Welcome week / first week back
- Equipment needed (kit etc.): Sports trainers, plenty of water, appropriate training kit.
- Selection process: Formal trials to select a training squad for BUCS matches. Number of trial dates will depend on the volume of trialists. Usually at least two trail dates, after each trial people are deselected and will be encouraged to attend social netball as they may not be ready for competitive BUCS netball yet.
- Time: 6 pm – 8pm
- Where (link to venue): Indoor at CitySport/ Outdoor at Marlborough Sports gardens (COVID regulations depending)
- Commitment level required: Must turn up to training every week to be considered for a place in the squad. If you do not train you will not be a first choice to play that week.. S&C attendance is strongly encouraged weekly.
- League team play in:
- 1st team - SE 4
- 2nd team - SE 11
- What day team play matches: Wednesday
How to get involved
- Direct message the team on Instagram
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the team at welcome fair: Come say Hi to our Presidents at freshers fair, find us at the Netball table along with some other club members.
Selected team members
Make sure you are ready to commit to weekly training and matches. Buy a sports card from CitySport to cover training and match costs. Register to your team on BUCS play prior to the first fixture.
- Register on BUCS Play
- Purchase sports card (Procedure, selection process etc)