Industrial Action

The University and College (Trade) Union (UCU) will be taking a period of strike action of 18 days in February and March.

You can find more on what this means for you, your classes, our campus and more on our industrial action at City page.

Last updated: 31 Jan 2023 1:49pm

Facilities and getting around

Campus maps and accessibility map

City, University of London is situated across sites in central London.


The University is committed to helping students with disabilities and long-term medical conditions in making their accommodation arrangements.

The number of rooms in City's halls of residence is limited and may be offered subject to suitability and availability.

Adapted rooms

The University has adapted accommodation available in halls of residence. If you know that you require adapted accommodation, you should indicate this on your application for accommodation. Your individual needs will then be discussed with the Disability Support service and the Accommodation team prior to you beginning your studies. You should make your requirements known as early as possible during the application process so that we can do our best to ensure that the accommodation we offer you meets your needs.

If you become aware during your course that you require a particular adaptation which cannot be put in place easily by your Hall Manager, you should notify the Disability Support service, who will discuss your requirements and request reasonable adjustments on your behalf.

Currently, a number of rooms are adapted specifically for wheelchair users, while others are adapted for students with a range of other requirements.

Students with disabilities may sometimes be eligible to stay in halls of residence after their first year of undergraduate study, subject to availability, and this should be discussed with a Disability Advisor.

More information about accommodation for undergraduate and postgraduate students can be found on our accommodation pages.


All of our campuses can be reached by public transport. If you have a mobility impairment or any disability-related travel difficulties and have queries about your journey to the University, please contact us to discuss your concerns.

The University does not have any parking available on site.

Disabled parking schemes

Islington Council fully recognises the Blue Badge disabled parking scheme. Islington also offer a number of dedicated disabled parking bays — for more information please visit the Islington Council website.

Camden Council also operates a Blue Badge and a Green Badge parking scheme.

The Blue Badge scheme does not apply in the City of London, but they do provide allocated parking in the Square Mile for people with disabilities.

Disabled Persons Freedom Pass

This is a Concessionary Travel Scheme in place for eligible disabled persons funded by local authorities and coordinated by London Councils. A Disabled Persons Freedom Pass entitles the holder to free public transport across London. For more information and to check your eligibility, please visit London Councils and TfL.